Open the BitTorrent application.
- Click “Options” and then select “Preferences” from the menu bar at the top of the page.
Select the “Advanced” option from the list on the left hand side of the preferences window.
- You will see a box with a long list of advanced options in the center of the window, from this list, scroll down and click to highlight “gui.show_plus_upsell” – or use the filter function to find it.
- Below the box, there is an option to change the value to either “True” or “False”. Select the “False” value. (This option disables the square ad in the bottom left corner of the application.)
- Scroll down the list even further, click to highlight “offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled” and again, select the “False” value below the box. (This option disables the banner ad which appears at the top of your torrent list.)
- Similarly set to false the following options (or check that they are set to false): “offers.left_rail_offer_enabled”, “gui.show_notorrents_node”, “offers.content_offer_autoexec” and “bt.enable_pulse”.
- Click “OK” and then exit the application from the File menu, or right-click the logo in the tray and select “Exit”